Holiday Video Support Groups
APLB will be hosting two Video Support Groups to offer extra support for grieving pet parents during this end-of-year holiday time that can be challenging for so many. Join Mindy Meiering, Life Coach and Pet Loss Grief Specialist & Author of the Rainbow Bridge Pet Loss Deck (rainbowbridgedeck.com), and Colleen Rolland, President, Pet Loss Grief Specialist and Instructor, Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement.
Sessions will run on:
Special Holiday Video Support Group Schedule
Sunday, November 19th, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm EST
Sunday, December 10th, 7:00 – 8:30 pm EST
Mindy and Colleen will be sharing a variety of helpful coping strategies as well as various mindfulness and self-care techniques that will support you in your pet loss grief journey. We’ll also explore the challenges of grieving during the holidays (e.g. expectations, pressures, rituals) and ideas for how you can navigate these.
The last 15 minutes will be a moderated Q & A. Feel free to bring a picture of your beloved animal companion so that we can all share it with one another at the close of the session.
Registrations close at Noon Eastern on the day of the Video Support Group.
If you are unable to join us for our Video Support Group, please come visit us in our Chat Room.
We also have a Facebook group, Connect and share your pet loss story. This is a great place to go if you need to talk about your beloved companion animal and get peer support from others who have lost a beloved pet outside of our chat room hours.
APLB Online Video Support Program Rules
- Our online video support rooms are for discussions about pet loss and bereavement only. They are not a social hangout.
- If you are not actively grieving a pet or involved with a terminally ill pet, we ask that you refrain from joining our online video support room sessions to allow our hosts to focus on those in need.
- Be respectful of others in the room. Rude or offensive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Do not share information that may be used to personally identify you.
- Violation of any of these rules will result in a ban of your online video support room privileges.
If you are unable to join our online video support group please consider a visit to our online chat room.
The APLB disclaims any and all legal liability for anything that takes place in these online video support rooms, or as a result of them. The service we offer is intended to be short term. If you do not accept our guidance, or are unable to do so, we will suggest that you seek psychological counseling by a licensed professional. Despite the highly trained and experienced supervision, our virtual support rooms are not a replacement for licensed counseling service. No fees are charged and all legal liability is disclaimed. 1